Knight Frank, with a total of over €200bn of real estate under management worldwide, will be the buyers.
They will be looking for a mixture of technologies that can be quickly deployable across their real estate, both early states, where trials can be offered and market ready, where commercial scale deployment can take place.
The successful technologies will benefit from PR and Marketing of the event and included in press releases.
Successful technologies will also benefit from presentation coaching, with two from each category winning the opportunity to present at the event. All successful companies will be able to showcase their technologies on a stand and network at the event.
Knight Frank are continually assessing the technology innovation market and looking to deploy best in class long term solutions into their buildings. The desired outcome is to improve the energy efficiency and reduce carbon emission across their client portfolios through introducing innovative technologies to their client base.
The technologies presented should:
- Be proven and ready to scale up (new to market technologies are often not capable of responding to market demand quickly enough);
- Be suitable for retrofit to existing and occupied building;
- Be low disruption for tenants in situ;
- Relate to Building "Big Data" - how data is extracted from operational buildings and how it can be analysed;
- Not require onerous planning/zoning requirements (particularly for building facade technologies);
- Be commercially viable - payback periods between 2 and 5 years;
- Be replicable, scalable and sellable;
- Can be from any country in the world.
Knight Frank is the world's largest independent real-estate consultancy and has operations, activity and relationships across the world. With 14,000 staff in more that 300 offices in over 50 countries our impact is considerable.
Climate-KIC is the EU's largest public private partnership addressing climate change through innovation to build a zero carbon economy. They run programmes for students, start-ups and innovators across Europe via centres in major cities, convening a community of the best people and organisations.
Climate-KIC is supported by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), a body of the European Union.